Created: Monday, 12 June 2017 12:14
Longdown Farm Shop - editorial and advertisement
We are really pleased with our advertisement that is appearing in the local parish magazine for Ashurst & Colbury
Many thanks to Wayne from Longdown Farm Shop for his editorial on the farm shop page too.
Longdown Farm Shop - click here
You can read Ashurst & Colbury's Parish Magazine online here Ashurst & Colbury Parish Mag - click here
Created: Tuesday, 16 May 2017 19:20
After a very busy couple of months building our kitchens and then restocking our freezers, we are delighted to confirm that many of our quiche, puds & cakes etc can be found in the freezers at Pilley Community Shop Facebook Pilley Stores
and also Longdown Farm Shop , Ashurst, Near Southampton longdownfarm.co.uk
We also have many of our meals to buy direct from us at Danestream Farm. or we can deliver locally..more details to follow on the website.
Please call 01425 618128 or 07792 469684 for more details
Created: Sunday, 02 April 2017 09:26
We are delighted to confirm that our purpose built kitchens are now based at :
More details of where our frozen ready meals are available to buy will follow soon.
Please contact us on 01425 618128 or 07792 469684 for enquiries.
Created: Sunday, 12 February 2017 17:43
Char Roasted Lamb Breast
- about 600g/1lb 5oz belly or breast of lamb, unrolled
- 4 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 4 tbsp chopped thyme
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp celery salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Roll out the lamb belly flat on a surface.
Using a sharp knife, score the meat to within 5mm/¼in of the base, in a lattice pattern.
Combine the chopped herbs and spices in a bowl with the oil.
Rub the mixture into all the scored gaps of the meat and place in a roasting tin.
Preheat a grill or griddle to high.
Griddle or grill the lamb for five minutes on a high heat until the outside is crisp and charring.
Roast for one hour 30 minutes, or until cooked through
Printable version here
Created: Monday, 02 January 2017 15:08
A tasty January supper
Chicken & Rosemary Cassoulet
Total cooking time – 1 hour
- Chicken legs – free range - 2
- White onion diced – 400g
- Carrots diced – 200g
- Celery diced – 200g
- Cloves garlic crushed – 2
- Cannellini beans – 1 tin ( or soak dried if preferred )
- Puy lentils – 100g
- Rosemary fresh – large sprig ( or dried rosemary – 3 teaspoons)
- Chicken stock – 3 pints or ( 4 stock cubes & 3 pints water )
- Double cream- ½ pint
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoons & ¼ cup water
- Salt & pepper
- Remove skin from chicken legs, coat with oil and cook in oven until crispy. (180c- 20 mins)
- Add diced veg to a pan and sweat with a little olive oil & butter for 5 mins on a low heat
- Add chicken legs and stock
- Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 45 mins on a low heat
- Add Puy lentils and continue to cook for 15 to 20 mins
- Drain and add the Cannellini beans and the cream
- Bring up to a simmer and thicken with the cornflour and water mix
- Once thickened, add seasoning to suit your taste
- Serve in a large bowl placing the crispy skin on top
Delicious served with chunks of warm bread - enjoy
printable PDF version